Positive Behavior Interventions & Support (PBIS)
Positive Behavior Interventions and Support is Harper's school-wide discipline plan. The purpose of the plan is to teach, support and recognize appropriate student behavior throughout the school in an effort to maintain a safe and orderly environment that is conducive for optimal learning. Core components of Harper's PBIS Plan include clearly defined student behavior expectations, rules, rewards and consequences to enable our students to meet and/or exceed state academic standards.
PBIS Mission Statement
The mission of Harper Elementary School is to use
Positive Behavior Interventions and Support to teach students
how to make appropriate choices to avoid conflicts
and accept responsibility for their behavior.
Harper Elementary School
WE BELIEVE....PBIS Inside the Classroom
Classroom Management Plan
The following management plan will be utilized to address minor student behaviors.
Warning and Re-direction
Time-out in Classroom
Loss of Privilege/Silent Lunch Table
a. Parent Contact
b. Teacher Exchange
(Minimum-30 minutes; Maximum-1 hour)
Six minors equal a major (office referral).
PBIS Home Support
What YOU Can Do to Help Your Child
- 1. Review the School/Classroom Behavior Matrix with your child(ren).
- 2. Teach and model respect and responsibility at home.
- 3. Cooperate fully with teachers, principals, and other school staff members and to encourage their children to follow all school rules.
- 4. Assume legal responsibility for the behavior of their children as determined by law and community practice.
- 5. Avoid criticizing staff members in front of your child(ren). Parents are encouraged to make an appointment and speak with the appropriate adult.
- 6. Follow established guidelines for addressing any concerns they may have about their children and school matters.
- 7. Be an active parent in your child's education.